We are always interested in new talent that fits our vision and culture here at PILLAR3. If you like blending financial insight and technology with business design to steer growth among small businesses, we may have a place for you.
We are professional, yet casual; we work paperlessly Is that even a word? and in the cloud. We are flexible, yet driven to serving our clients and their goals. We believe in working hard so that we can play hard, because we feel that people perform their best when energized and free to think creatively. If any of this sounds interesting to you, please browse any available positions listed below or drop us a note to see what opportunities we can put together.
Are you a detail oriented, transaction-minded person seeking to help small and medium sized businesses with their financial processes and accounting records? Do you enjoy working thru a task list and feeling the sense of accomplishment as the list is completed? What about the occasional puzzle that requires rolling up your sleeves to solve? Do you seek variety and various levels of involvement across a diverse client list and industry types? Is a more casual environment, yet professional and driven team something you want to be a part of? If so, we may have a spot for you.
This role will be in charge of daily AR and AP duties, bank reconciliations, and some of the month-end procedures and financial reporting. There will be some periodic administrative and client projects to become involved with, as well as seasonal tax work (primarily 1099’s) and sales tax compliance.
- Hours and schedule are flexible, targeting +/- 30 hours per week on up to full time
- Bookkeeping experience required; 4-year accounting degree preferred
- Experience with cloud based G/L systems such as Xero and Quickbooks is a plus
- Willingness to form relationships and communicate with clients when transactional information is needed
- Ability to work internally with manager(s) at month-end close and for various client projects
- Desire to own and manage the transactional and banking processes for diverse client list
If you are a numbers and technology guru and looking for a job, let us know. Our recent client and workload growth means internal staff growth as well, and we’re looking to add another team member (or two) who fits the bill. We are a casual, yet professional working environment and and ideal fit for someone looking for a change of pace from public accounting or some more variety from an in-house position. We are targeting a full time hire but always open to a flexible schedule for the right candidate. Some of the duties and skill sets desired are below:
- Bookkeeping and general ledger experience
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable knowledge
- Familiar with financial reports and adjusting journal entries
- Tax and compliance work
- Software savvy; curiosity and willingness to learn new systems and develop processes/workflows to maximize efficiency by leveraging systems
- Process-oriented mindset
- Ability to work autonomously and manage client accounts; this means reviewing bookkeeping work, being responsive to client requests, being proactive on client goals/needs, and ability to manage the monthly processes and deliverables.
Think of it as a Controller role (only outsourced and fractional), serving multiple clients in a variety of industries. You’ll always have partners and clients as resources, but otherwise expected to be able to run the monthly financial processes independently.